- 2 x cups water
- 2 x cups sugar
- 2 x bunches of fresh sage leaves chopped or one bundle dried sage (about 1 cup or 1/2 a cup respectively)
- 2 x tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- Bottle of Vida Organica Sparkling Chardonnay
- In a saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Once the simple syrup, which is what you now have, reaches a boil remove it from the heat and stir in the sage and ginger.
- Cover and let the syrup steep until it’s completely cooled to room temperature, 2-3 hours. Refrigerate after making.
- To make cocktails, simply pour an ounce or two of syrup into a champagne flute depending on how sweet you like it and top with Vida Organica Sparkling Chardonnay.
- Garnish with sage.
Based on an original Recipe by Local Milk.